5.27.2012

35 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 35 Weeks  

Size of baby: Little one is around 5 1/4 pounds and over 18 inches head to heel, about the size (weight) of a honeydew melon.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 30 pounds.  

Maternity Clothes:  I am pretty much wearing all maternity clothes.  I don't have a ton of them so that is why you see them all repeated on here. I have finally found a couple of pairs of shorts that will suffice.  I am loving dresses right now and have some non-maternity dresses and some maternity dresses of my own and a few on loan.  So comfy!

Gender:  It's a girl!  Mary Isabelle (see this post about her name)

Movement:  You can watch my abdomen shift around when she's busy... and she's busy a lot these days!  She gets the hiccups 2-3 times a day.  They are very light-feeling but they are good because that means she's swallowing okay and practicing her breathing.  Her pokes, jabs, and kicks have gotten stronger- she likes to stretch out into my side with her feet.  She's been stretching a lot lately- I guess she's getting in all of her chances while she can!  She found my ribs with her feet the other day- ouch!  

Sleep: Both of my hips are sore when I sleep on either side for more than a few hours. It is increasingly hard to get comfortable and I find that I don't sleep so great anymore.  I guess I'm being prepared for the nights ahead once she's born.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back!  I cannot wait to lay flat again!

Cravings: I cannot get enough apples these days.  Throw in some caramel dip and it's heaven!

Symptoms:  Oh the heartburn!  Zantac is still my best friend.  If it's true what they say- that heartburn in pregnancy means the baby will have hair then this child is destined to have a head full!  I have puffy feet and ankles that are a mainstay now.  My hips and pelvic bones are sore and getting themselves in shape for birth- but that alone is partly what is making it so hard to sleep.  But we're in the home stretch and it'll be over soon.

1 comments:

anita said...

You look good!! Well, Glad that Mary found your ribs!!! Ouch, is right! One of those moments you'll always remember... it won't be long now! We've begun the "countdown" here too! Pops is getting even more excited each day, if you can imagine that! Love you...