5.22.2012

34 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 4/7 Weeks  

Size of baby: Little one is around 4 3/4 pounds and almost 18 inches head to heel, about the size (weight) of a cantaloupe.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 30 pounds.  

Maternity Clothes:  I am pretty much wearing all maternity clothes.  I don't have a ton of them so that is why you see them all repeated on here. I have finally found a couple of pairs of shorts that will suffice.  I am loving dresses right now and have some non-maternity dresses and some maternity dresses of my own and a few on loan.  So comfy!

Gender:  It's a girl!  Mary Isabelle (see this post about her name)

Movement:  You can watch my abdomen shift around when she's busy... and she's busy a lot these days!  She gets the hiccups 2-3 times a day.  They are very light-feeling but they are good because that means she's swallowing okay and practicing her breathing.  Her pokes, jabs, and kicks have gotten stronger- she likes to stretch out into my side with her feet.  She's been stretching a lot lately- I guess she's getting in all of her chances while she can!

Sleep: Both of my hips are sore when I sleep on either side for more than a few hours. It is increasingly hard to get comfortable and I find that I don't sleep so great anymore.  I guess I'm being prepared for the nights ahead once she's born.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back!  I cannot wait to lay flat again!

Cravings: I cannot get enough apples these days.  Throw in some caramel dip and it's heaven!

Symptoms:  Oh the heartburn!  Zantac is still my best friend.  If it's true what they say- that heartburn in pregnancy means the baby will have hair then this child is destined to have a head full!  I have puffy feet and ankles that are a mainstay now.  My hips and pelvic bones are sore and getting themselves in shape for birth- but that alone is partly what is making it so hard to sleep.  But we're in the home stretch and it'll be over soon.


1 comments:

anita said...

Yes, it will be.... especially when you're holding your sweet Mary face to face! It's one of life's moments that you'll always remember.... Love, Momma