8.06.2011

weight watchers. for real this time.

so i fell off the wagon back in february.  yep.  it's been that long.  jay and i both started weight watchers back towards the end of january.  and then the stomach virus that could only have been a gift from satan himself attacked us.  and while we were recovering from that- jay's dad died.  and then it was pretty much all down hill from there.  i was eating worse while working day shift than i did on nights.  i found every excuse i could to not exercise- however, working two jobs will make it tricky.  (see, there's one!)  we ate poorly.  i blame whoever introduced me to thai food- in particular, the pineapple, chicken thai fried rice.  (there's another one!)  i signed a contract to be the head nurse at school in april- and couldn't say anything to anyone here until i put in my notice in june.  i turned it in early because i was tired of telling little white lies.  and then as we started packing up, i packed up a lot of the kitchen and then i couldn't cook as much.  and i am telling you- as soon as i start going back to the Y and getting back into exercise- i get sick.  really.

i have never gained weight as quickly as i have this summer.  i don't know if it's my age or a change in my metabolism plus the added stress over the last six months.  i have no idea.  i am apparently "healthy" according to my doctor (with a slight increase in my total cholesterol, which he is not concerned about).  i am  tired of feeling tired and crappy and having clothes that don't fit.

so it's time to make a change and stick to it!  no more excuses.  and, really, how could i not exercise when i live on a 500 acre campus?  it's not like i don't have a place to take a walk!  once i finish typing this i plan to take the dogs on a long walk around campus.  they are antsy and i am too (and it'll help me procrastinate in the unpacking process).

so, i am putting it out there for those of you who know me and those of you who don't.  (there sure are a lot of people who end up on my blog who NEVER leave comments.  please comment if you want to!)

Week 1.  Weigh in day.  Starting weight:  168 lbs.
I am supposed to take a starting picture.  I'll have to do that later.  Maybe I'll post it.  That would be great motivation!  Wish me luck!  Are any of you out there on the weight loss journey or starting your own?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you can do. You've been through so many changes with the house move etc I am sure you can do this.

Becca said...

I'm just catching up. I hope it's going well! I need to get back with the program. I was doing well with myfitnesspal until I fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago and put a few pounds back on. Gah! Getting old sucks. And having a baby certainly doesn't help!