6.22.2012

39 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 39 Weeks  

Size of baby: Little one is almost 7 1/2 pounds and about 20 inches head to heel, about the size of a small watermelon.  *However, my doctor estimates she is definitely in the 7 1/2 lbs. range already and I think she's longer than 20 inches.  My doctor also estimates she'll be an 8+ lbs. baby by delivery.  Jay and I were both born before our due dates and we were both 8 1/2 lbs. babies.  He was 21 inches long and I was 21 3/4 inches long.  I guess we'll see how Mary measures up soon enough!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 33 pounds.  I have only gained one pound in the last 6 weeks (which is fine).  It means Mary is stealing all of my calories and then some. :)

Maternity Clothes:  I am wearing all maternity clothes, except for a couple of shirts and pajamas.  There are so many cute clothes out this summer- I am ready to not be pregnant so I can wear cuter things!

Gender:  It's a girl!  Mary Isabelle (see this post about her name)

Movement:  Mary has less and less room to move around these days so when she does it tends to hurt!  I keep telling her she would have a lot more space if she'd just come on out.  :)  I can feel her rubbing her feet together (before she kicks me!) and I swear she's just saying "there's no place like home."  Sooner or later, dear child, you will be evicted!

Sleep: Both of my hips are sore when I sleep on either side for more than a few hours, however, the pain seems to come and go depending on my daily activities.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back!  I cannot wait to lay flat again!

Cravings: I am over the apple craving.  I am not craving anything in particular right now.

Symptoms: Heartburn/reflux, pelvic discomfort, lower back pain, puffy feet, ankles, and hands, nesting (that might be the only good one!)... your typical late pregnancy symptoms.  

***In other good news, Jay was accepted into the nursing program at this school and his classes start July 2nd.  Yes, 3 days after her due date.  Come on sweet Mary- make your debut a little early!


The picture on the left (below) is this morning... the picture on the right is this afternoon after a big thunderstorm came through- I think she dropped a little more!  Yay!

2 comments:

anita said...

First off... Congrats! to Daddy Jay for acceptance into the nursing program!! Way to go! Sorry classes start so soon with Mary due any day! Cherish the short time before you must devote your time to school work...

Mama Stacie... I do believe she did drop a bit more after the pressure change from storm! I'm sure Mary won't be far from what you and Jay weighed at birth.

We'll be seeing you sooner or later!

Unknown said...

not long til we get to meet you Mary!!!!