6.08.2012

37 weeks FULL-TERM!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 Weeks  

Size of baby: Little one is almost 6 1/3 pounds and over 19 inches head to heel, about the size (length) of a stalk of Swiss chard.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 33 pounds.  I have only gained one pound in the last month (which is fine).

Maternity Clothes:  I am wearing all maternity clothes, except for a couple of shirts and pajamas.  I don't have a ton of them so that is why you see them all repeated on here. I have finally found a couple of pairs of shorts that will suffice.  I am loving dresses right now and have some non-maternity dresses and some maternity dresses of my own and a few on loan.  So comfy!

Gender:  It's a girl!  Mary Isabelle (see this post about her name)

Movement:  You can watch my abdomen shift around when she's busy... and she's busy a lot these days!  She gets the hiccups usually 2-3 times a day.  They are getting stronger and are good because that means she's swallowing okay and practicing her breathing.  Her pokes, jabs, and kicks have gotten stronger- she likes to stretch out into my side with her feet.  She still seems to have a lot of room to move.  She has dropped some although she still has some more to go...

Sleep: Both of my hips are sore when I sleep on either side for more than a few hours. It is increasingly hard to get comfortable and I find that I don't sleep so great anymore.  I guess I'm being prepared for the nights ahead once she's born.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back!  I cannot wait to lay flat again!

Cravings: I am over the apple craving.  I am not craving anything in particular right now.

Symptoms:  Oh the heartburn!  The heartburn has actually turned into acid reflux.  Zantac is still my best friend.  If it's true what they say- that heartburn in pregnancy means the baby will have hair then this child is destined to have a head full!    I have puffy feet and ankles that are a mainstay now- although some days are better than others.  My hips and pelvic bones are sore and getting themselves in shape for birth- but that alone is partly what is making it so hard to sleep. I still can't really complain too much and I try not to! 

1 comments:

anita said...

You look great!!! Love your hair "trim". This pic definitely shows Mary has dropped even though she'll be even lower soon! Love you all, mama/mimi