3.02.2012

23 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 23 Weeks

Size of baby: Little one is around 1.1 pounds and 11.4 inches head to heel, about the size of an eggplant.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 9 pounds (I'm sure this has changed- I go to the doctor next week so we'll see then...)

Maternity Clothes:  I am loving my maternity pants and my tops are a mix of both.  I just got a few new dresses that are great too and a few hand-me-downs from a friend.

Gender:  It's a girl!

Movement: Now that her little bones and muscles are more developed, she is quite the kicker!  I'm sure she is punching some, too.  I can feel a lot of her movements on the outside now and today I actually saw my belly move from a strong kick.  

Sleep: I am more used to sleeping on my side now and still get up usually once a night.  My joints are loosening up a bit and are now a little sore, especially after staying in one position for too long.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back.  I also miss the ability to order a margarita or have a glass of wine on a whim.

Cravings: Milk- those of you who know me know I am not a milk drinker!  I am still loving fresh fruit right now- apples, pears, oranges, bananas, and melon.

Symptoms: The "rhinitis of pregnancy" (stuffy nose) is a little better.  Heartburn is my major symptom right now but zantac twice a day is helping that.  She better have a headful of hair for as bad as it's been!

0 comments: