3.09.2012

24 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 Weeks- our sweet daughter is now considered "viable" if she were to be born at any point between now and her due date.  I'm hoping she'll cook until she's "term."

Size of baby: Little one is around 1.4 pounds and 11.8 inches head to heel, about the size of an ear of corn.  Mmm... fresh corn on the cob- I'm ready for summer!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 18 pounds.

Maternity Clothes:  I am loving my maternity pants and my tops are a mix of both.  I just got a few new dresses that are great too and a few hand-me-downs from a friend.

Gender:  It's a girl!  We're still working on her name...

Movement: Now that her little bones and muscles are more developed, she is quite the kicker!  I'm sure she is punching some, too.  I can feel a lot of her movements on the outside now and I can see my belly move from some of her stronger kicks.  She can be a busy girl!

Sleep: I am more used to sleeping on my side now and still get up usually once a night.  My joints are loosening up a bit and are now a little sore, especially after staying in one position for too long.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back.  

Cravings:  I am still loving fresh fruit right now- apples, pears, oranges, bananas, melon, and cucumbers.  I still love Mexican food and now that baby girl is developing taste buds, I hope she learns to like spicy Mexican food, too.  

Symptoms: The "rhinitis of pregnancy" (stuffy nose) is a little better.  My heartburn is a little better, too.  I've been able to cut back on the zantac this week.  Yay!  

2 comments:

anita said...

Corn on the cob - does make one think of summer!

Glad "baby girl" is doing well and I too hope she'll cook until she's "term."

I see you're still working on her name.....

Love you...

Chelsea said...

So cute! You're going to be such a good mama!