1.28.2012

18 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Size of baby: Little one is around 6 3/4 ounces and 5 1/2 inches... About the size of a sweet potato.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 4 pounds (I will update this with doctor appointments- their scale and my scale are very different.  I finally have a little bump!

Maternity Clothes:  I can still wear my regular clothes but am starting to transition into maternity shirts and the maternity pants are still a little bit but they are definitely more comfortable."

Gender:  Don't know- we'll hopefully find out February 15th.

Movement: I feel flutters every day and can feel little one rolling and moving.  Every now and then I'll get a hard kick or poke.  I'm sure they will become more frequent as little one grows.

Sleep: I am more used to sleeping on my side now and still get up usually once a night.  My joints are loosening up a bit and are now a little sore, especially after staying in one position for too long.

What I miss: Ibuprofen!  And sleeping on my back.

Cravings: Nothing in particular right now.  Early on it was Cherry Icees but that has passed.  I love iced water with lemon and am really enjoying root beer right now, too.


Symptoms: Nothing major right now- yay!  I still have the stuffy/runny nose but it seems a little bit better.  I am still having some heartburn but not on a regular basis.  I really cannot complain after hearing what some women go through.  I am very blessed!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

nearly halfway! you have a cute bump!

anita said...

Love that baby bump!!! I read this the other day but never commented. Talk to you later!

Rachel said...

Yay for a baby bump! Sounds like you are doing great!

PS- I'm going to update my blog. . .check
soon (once I remember how to do it).