9.20.2012

two months.


Dear Mary,

You have been a "2 month old" for almost a month now!  I am behind on blogging since school has started and when I am not working I love to spend my time with you.  (And when you are napping I take advantage and shower and wash dishes and do laundry.  I obviously am not blogging!)  You are continuing to grow and change so much.  You are doing something new every day it seems.


You flash your sweet smiles at us a lot.  You share your smiles with others, too.  So far you have not met a stranger and hopefully you will always be friendly.  You have a beautiful smile and when you smile, you smile with your entire face.  You are very curious of your surroundings and very observant.  I am certain you can see and focus on things that are farther away than what you should be seeing.  It is fun to watch you learn about the world.



Since your one month post/pictures, you have had a 5 week check-up and a 2 month check up (10 weeks) with Dr. Love.  You are growing so much!  At your 5 week appointment you were 8 lbs. 9.5 oz and 21 1/2 inches long.  By 10 weeks you were 10 lbs. 11.5 oz and 23 1/2 inches long.  You are still a great eater and are doing well going from eating from me and your bottles.  You have only eaten breast milk so far in your little life and I am so happy to be able to provide it for you.



You are a fantastic sleeper! You have been sleeping through the night since you were 5 weeks old.  Now you eat and go down between 10-11pm and when I work I wake you to eat at 5:45am but you usually go right back to sleep and sleep for another 2-3 hours.  When I don't have to be up for work you sleep until 7-8am.  I love that you love sleep as much as I do.  We still swaddle you at night and you still sleep in the bassinet in our room.  You are about to outgrow it, however, so we will be transitioning you to your crib soon.  I hope you will have an easy transition.  I will probably miss you being close to me more than you will.



You have started to notice the dogs and smile at them now.  It's sweet to watch you react to them.  They still aren't huge fans of yours but they do still give you kisses.  I am sure they will love you when you start eating food- especially when you are big enough to drop it on the floor on purpose.


I am so blessed to call you my daughter.  You are truly one of the sweetest babies I have ever known!  I love you...  A bushel and a peck!


Mama

0 comments: