4.06.2012

28 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 Weeks

Size of baby: Little one is around 2 1/4pounds and 14.8 inches head to heel, about the size (weight) of a head of Chinese cabbage.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 18 pounds.  (I'll have a new update on that, *gulp,* next week.)

Maternity Clothes:  I am pretty much wearing all maternity clothes.  I don't have a ton of them so that is why you see them all repeated on here. It's been so warm I am realizing I am in need of some more capris and probably a couple of pairs of shorts.  I am loving dresses right now and have some non-maternity dresses and some maternity dresses of my own and a few on loan.  So comfy!

Gender:  It's a girl!  Mary Isabelle (see this post about her name)

Movement: Now that her little bones and muscles are more developed, she is quite the kicker!  I'm sure she is punching some, too.  I can feel a lot of her movements on the outside now and I can see my belly move from most of her stronger kicks.  She is rolling all over the place, too.  I can sometimes actually feel her little tiny hiney and back depending on where she is sitting.  Today, in particular, she has been awake and active most of the day!

Sleep: Both of my hips are sore when I sleep on either side for more than a few hours.  I have found a new way to prop/tilt myself on my pillows so I am tricking myself into thinking I am sleeping on my back a bit even though I am tilted to the left.  I am sleeping much better that way and I hope I can do this for awhile. 

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back.  I cannot wait to lay flat again!

Cravings:  I am still loving fresh fruit right now- apples, pears, oranges, bananas, melon, and cucumbers.  Ice cream and frozen yogurt have sounded good too since it's almost like summer outside.

Symptoms:  My heartburn is still there.  I've still been able to cut back on the zantac.  I am having a few Braxton Hicks from time to time and I have some swelling at the base of my ankles that seems to come and go with the heat and my activity level.  It'll all be worth it in the end!

*Check out all of the clothes we've gotten so far: I have washed 2 loads so far, including a few blankets.  I don't think I'll have to buy her one stitch of clothing!  Mary Isabelle is one blessed little girl!


0 comments: